Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Heavy Heart

This journey away is awash with trepidation and a heavy heart. Looking back, it stands in stark contrast to my other trips. The first time was full of adventure and freedom. Subsequent trips signaled the start of new purpose or a brand new year.
Perhaps its the gloomy weather, the clouds and rain. What we normally associate with London rather than home. Home in Singapore. Where its supposed to be sunny, bright and full of life.
Perhaps its the brevity of my return. Just a week to meet my friends and family, settle what I have to do.
Perhaps its the fact that this time, I will be reaching the end and climax of my last three years of existence. Its a prize we've worked so hard for. Its a prize I sometimes do not wish to yet receive.
Perhaps its the fact that this time, I won't be returning for a year. I will be leaving behind my student years and will be venturing out into the working world. Its a journey we make with many friends; its also a journey we make alone.

Goodbye. To Home, Friends, Family, Innocence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home